I Love, Therefore I Am

Amo Ergo sum I love therefore I am (Kessler, 2005). This saying was used by the Christian believers who have faith in the trinity, and I believe that it can also be my lifes affirmation. What defines a person is not what he thinks he is but what he has done for others. My character can be best defined in the way I express and show my love to others.

    Hackneyed as this may sound, no person in this world can ever truly be complete without experiencing love. Feelings and emotions cannot be trusted because they come and go easily just like the intelligence of a person can wane in old age, unlike love which transcends life on earth. My family is the most important thing in the world for me because without them, I would not be who I am today. It is their love for me that enables me to love and appreciate the beauty of life. I believe in God and I know that it is the love of God that caused him to create humanity that in itself alone taught me the magnitude of love.

    I chose this life affirmation because at the end of my life, all of my achievements and accomplishments would not matter as much as my loved ones who will be staying with me until I grow old and die. I have known many people who are willing to risk their lives and throw their riches away in their quest to find their true love and to make their family whole again, and I have also read countless of literary pieces dedicated to it. The brightest minds cannot explain it and heaven and earth would not be the same without it this is how powerful love is. In a life that seems to be incomplete, there can be no better way to fill in the blanks than love, and let me just borrow a quote from a movie when I say that  it is only in the mysterious equation of love that any logic or reason can be found  (IMDb.com, Inc., 2010).

0 comments:

Post a Comment